Thursday, November 8, 2007

"Darfur Now"

hey guys,

The premiere of "Darfur Now" is tomorrow, November 9th, at the Landmark Embarcadero Theater. It is a documentary about what's happening in Darfur, and it follows the story of 6 people, including Don Cheadle (actor/activist), George Clooney, a chief prosecutor in the ICC, and a former Darfurian rebel, who have dedicated their lives to fighting the ongoing genocide.

Here is the trailer:


Two things:
1. I hope you all want to/do see it

2. If we can organize a group of 15+ people to go together, we can have a conference call with Don Cheadle at the end of the month. I don't know about anyone else, but I think Don Cheadle is amazing and would love to chat with him...
The only thing about that is that we would probably have to go relatively soon.

Anybody interested?

2 comments:

Gaby said...

That looks really interesting, but what time does it start?

Melissa said...

I want to see it! Nina and I were thinking of organizing Social Justice Club to go. Danielle - I just sent you a message about organizing this...